Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 21: I Want My Life Back Update


IMG_7809_HDR, originally uploaded by II MONKIE II.
I'm honestly doing very well with all of this. I tried three new food places this week, took the kids to the library, and went to Chuck E. Cheese's with Rohan. I've also launched a Cupcake Quest, but having eaten at Pattycake Bakery twice this week, I'm not going to be making any cupcakes right now. My body can only take so much!

I have a lot of things going on in my life. About the only one I feel comfortable discussing publicly is my job search. I need a job. Desperately. I had hopes that this week I would hear back from a promising interview, but unfortunately I did not. Let's hope I get good news next week.

But, I have lots of good things coming up. In a little over a week, a dear friend of mine takes his oath of citizenship. I can't wait! I studied with him for nearly a year, so it's almost as important to me as it is to him. I'm wearing waterproof mascara that day.

I'm heading to Toronto on May 28. My best friend and I are going to the I Can Do It! conference. No kids, no husbands, just the two of us. Wheeee!!!

So, I just need to get through the next week, then I'll have some diversions coming up. I'll be OK. Still need a job, but I'll be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment