Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 15: Popcorn!

One of my goals is to make two new recipes a month. On Friday, I made a rice salad that my friend Khalid's mother taught me a few months ago. Today, I impulsively decided to make real popcorn. You know--the kind you make on a stove with oil and popcorn kernels.

Eh.

It was OK. Well, technically, it is OK because I'm stuffing my face as I type this. I mean, it's good. It's just that it's kind of a pain in the ass to make, plus I fully recognize that I'm eating a crapload of calories thanks to the oil and real butter it contains. I like my air popper better,  but hey! I tried something new. Wheeeeee!!

1 comment:

  1. It is funny that you posted this. I, personally love to pop corn on the stove. Love it love it. It is almost all I do, but the kids like the bags of popcorn, so we still have that.
    Now, my favorite popcorn EVER (the most delicious high fat delightful popcorn EVER) is made in the microwave in a popping bowl. You melt a little butter or margarine in the bottom of the bowl, add garlic salt, then a small handful of popping kernels, pop that stuff up and then... let it sit overnight.
    The next day it is so frikkin GOOD>
    It is probably why I am so smart. It definitely increased the size of mt ass.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete