Saturday, May 1, 2010

I Want My Life Back

For the past year or so, I've been hopelessly distracted by a bunch of things that are happening in my life. I kept motoring on, hoping that things would settle down or go away or be resolved and then I could get back to my real life. But it's been a year now, and there's no end in sight to the distractions. Worse, there are more things looming on the horizon, and it might be the end of the year before I can relax.

I don't want to wait until then to get my life back.

So, I've decided I'm going to take my life back. I'm going to get it back myself, and I'm not going to stand helplessly by and wait to be rescued by fate. As of now, no matter what's going on I'm going to live my life as best I can, as fully as I can. Here's my plan for how I want to take my life back:
  • Do strength training 2-3 times a week
  • Continue exercising 5 times a week
  • Get my finances in order
  • Try two new recipes a month (I did manage to do two in April)
  • Learn to cook 10 Moroccan dishes (2 DOWN, 8 TO GO)
  • Cultivate new and existing friendships
  • Organize my jewelry collection DONE!
  • Spend less time on the computer
  • Read magazines
  • Read books
  • Complete my 365 day blog project
  • Go do fun things with the kids
  • Try new restaurants
  • Take a class
  • Learn Arabic
  • Get a job
  • Care about my garden again
  • Set up the outside fountain
  • Set up the inside fountain DONE!
  • Finish writing my book
  • Try things that are out of my comfort zone
My goal is to do at least two things a day from this list.  So, what's on your list of things you'd like to bring into your life?

1 comment:

  1. *Play the Wii fit or go swimming 5 days a week
    *Teach my daughters the basics of Wicca
    *Move out of my current house or BUY the current house
    *Embark on Clergyship
    *assist a friend with citizenship!

    ReplyDelete