Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pride Festival

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Hiren was out of town for 16 days and my world was limited to just getting through the day. I used to be a single mom, and I can't remember how I did it. I know I did it, but I seem to have lost those skills somewhere along the way. I give it up to the women who do it every day!

Things are blissfully back to normal, however, and I had lots of interesting things happen while he was gone, so I shall get to posting!

Yesterday we went to the Columbus Pride Festival and had a delightful time. It was a fun, festive atmosphere and I can truly say that it leaves all other festivals behind in terms of sheer playfulness and humor.

We were fortunate to see the parade as well, which was a riot. We laughed and whooped at most of the floats, but the ones demanding marriage rights brought tears to my eyes. All day, I looked around and saw love everywhere. It didn't matter what package that love came in; it simply existed and was honored. It is an inexcusable tragedy that homosexuals can't avail themselves of the same privileges and responsibilities that I've taken for granted most of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment